Bridgeport Stepper Retrofit
While having some control issues with the mill, I decided to replace the stepper motors with something newer and more powerful. I 3D printed end caps that fit over the ends of the motors and secure a connector so the motors are fully modular. I haven't yet tested the full torque capability of the motors, but I'm pleased with the result. A little silicone holds everything together and seals out liquids.
1/21/2020 05:34:31 pm
I ended up using NEMA 42's. The performance was about the same as the original motors.
1/22/2020 05:49:56 pm
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Improved Parts is all about exploring interesting and practical manufacturing techniques, solving unique problems that crop up in our everyday life, and GOING RACING!